 |
| The Awesome Flea Market!!! So HUGE |
Bring in Germany, I have the
opportunity to take advantage of the amazing transit system. It's super easy to
just get on a bus, catch a train and go wherever you want to! As soon as the
weekend starts to approach at the castle, you can hear all the students
starting to plan out where they want to go touring. The most popular stop for
us is Dresden. I've been to Dresden three times already and each time I've had
a blast. From hitting awesome flea markets, to finding bits of home like
Starbucks, H&M and McDonalds, to being amazed at the amazing old German
architecture, this city has pretty much everything!
 |
| Please don't get mad at me Banjo Man! hehe |
The first time I went I hit up
the flea market. It was SO HUGE it made my head spin! This flea market had
everything from old German war metals, to awesome craft supplies, to ancient
cameras (which it took a lot of restraint on my part not to buy...). I had so
much fun looking around at everything and taking pictures. I saw an awesome
banjo that I wanted to take a picture of, and I learned the hard way that German
gypsies do not take too kindly to photographs of their merchandise being
taken... Haha I was so thankful that he spoke English and I could talk my way
out of that one! The second time that I went to the flea market I didn't have
any money (which for me, was probably a good thing!) and Maddie and I were
looking at this awesome old fold camera. We asked the man in VERY broken German
how much the camera was and he said 30 Euros. That was way out of our budget so
we put the camera down gently and started to walk away. As we were leaving
though he stopped us and thrust two older German film cameras into our hands.
We tried to refuse, but he insisted and we now have matching cameras! It was so
cool. They may not be the greatest cameras, but hey, they were free!
The city itself is gorgeous.
There are lots of fountains and statues to look at and the old architecture
makes me drool. I have exclaimed multiple times, “Why are there no buildings
like this in Canada!” Haha. When I go back to Canada, I may go into pretty
building withdrawal.
 |
| I love old buildings so much!!! |


Yesterday we went with a few fine art students to do local outreach. Local outreach is when you go to a town close to the base and do something to bring joy to people and show them how great God is. They had to do an art instillation somewhere for their local outreach and Maddie and I tagged along. We got together before and prayed that God would show them where and what to do, and after Starbucks and a trip to the AMAZING craft store we set off. What happened was awesome! Ashley started drawing dots and then circles radiating from the dots in chalk in the center of the shopping square. They represented Christian spiritual growth. We all joined in, because who doesn’t love to draw with chalk, especially in random places where you might not be allowed to draw! People were stopping to watch and some kids came by. We offered them some chalk and then it took off! Teens and kids and parents were helping us and they started to ask questions. It was awesome! Before we left they wrote down some Bible verses in German and English and people were still looking while we packed up and walked away. It was so amazing! God is so good!
 |
| Such a fun day!! |
 |
| This little boy was my favorite! |