What Happens When You Mix Little Sleep and Coffee...

by


Sorry for the long time no blog everybody!! I have been super busy these past few weeks. I’ve been meaning to blog… HONESTLY. But sometimes when you live with so many people and do so many things, spending time writing doesn’t happen. But now I have some coffee in my system (Latte Macchiato Karamellgeschmack to be precise..hehe German coffee), I won’t be able to sleep for quite a while so I will be up into the wee hours of the morning. PERFECT time to write a little something down!

This week has been one of the best weeks so far in DTS if not the best one yet!!! Man oh man. First of all, our speaker this week was Dan. He is the FUNNIEST man on the face of the earth. Seriously. I almost cried in lecture from laughing so many times! It was unreal! He had such a spirit of joy from God, and you could just see it radiating out of him. He also clarified so many points about God that I was wondering and contemplating. He also had his friend Christian with him. Christian is such an intelligent person. He gave one lecture on Jesus as the Word… My mind was utterly and completely blown… TO PIECES. Oh man. It would be WAY too complicated to type out, but I had NEVER thought of Jesus being “the Word” like that before and it seriously was the most mind blowing, intellectual lecture that I have ever been in. It honestly made me miss university haha!

I also learned how to develop film and paper in the dark room this week, which is exciting and also nerve racking at the same time. There are so many chemicals that you get to use and you have to do it in the pitch black. It was so weird rolling up my film in the dark and taking scissors to it! I was terrified that I would do something wrong, but it has been awesome so far. In fact as I’m typing I’m waiting for my film to be finished sitting in the negative fixer. WEIRD! (wow… can you tell I’ve had too much coffee or WHAT!). I also got to play with studio lighting for the first time and shoot my first photoshoot in FILM. This is slightly terrifying because if they don’t turn out then I have a lot of work to do in a very short period of time, but my model (the amazing Kayla!!) was very cooperative (and stunningly gorgeous!) and I really pray that they turn out amazing.

This week has also been the week of awesome people! I got to hang out with some wicked schweeeet people. This past Friday I got to have a sleepover with Kelli and Maddie where we may have baked and eaten an entire cake to ourselves… or not… technically there was no evidence that there ever WAS a cake, so nothing can be proven! We watched a movie and painted our nails and had awesome times playing on Photobooth. Then we woke up (me to my feet being tickled… THANKS MADDIE!!!) and had awesome French toast with Canadian maple syrup! Good way to start the day! From there we met with Jenn, Cody and Patrick and took off to Görlitz. It was an amazing day of crazy laughter and awesome site seeing. We even walked over into POLAND and got some perrogies… oh man, they were SO GOOD! They were my first since Camp! We got to take pictures of awesome people, play in a playground and cram into a tiny playhouse designed for 3 small children, and find the most amazing old book store! We also found the best döner place that I have been to yet! (For those of you who don’t know döner is a Turkish food that they serve in Germany. It is what we all in this DTS live off of). I haven’t laughed that hard in quite a long time! So many shenanigans!

God and I are also doing amazing! He is showing me new things every day and I love learning from him! We are also planning more and more for outreach, which is exciting! Im not going to be posting too much about outreach, for the safety of the long term missionaries that are over there, but if you have questions you can feel free to shoot me off an e-mail (trinda_13@hotmail.com) and I can answer any questions you might have. I only have 3 weeks of lecture phase left, and I’m staring to get really excited about outreach. I know that it will be so life changing and eye opening to how amazing God truly is and I’m so excited to get to serve him in a whole new way!

AND NOW CHILDREN I MUST ADJOURN TO THE DARK ROOM. Audios amigos! Ich Liebt Dich!!!