Onward to Outreach!

by

Hey Everyone!
Time for another update from the land of bread and chocolate!
Lecture Phase is now OFFICIALLY over! It's so weird being able to say that I'm finally done with speakers and everything. We had our last speaker this past friday. He was amazing! He talked about the Kingdom of God and what that Kingdom looks like. It inspired me so much; it was a really good lecture week to have right before Outreach in my opinion.
This week my outreach team got a visit from a woman who came to talk to us about abortion. It was specifically about the abortion of baby girls in India and China because of the social stigma that boys are better for a family to have than girls. We got to watch a movie about it that hasn't even been released to the public yet. It was a very heart-breaking film. There were real stories and interviews from families and activists in the two countries, and it really gave me an idea of the opinions that I will be facing on outreach. Although I thought it was really sad, it inspired me to make a difference when I'm on outreach. I plan on pouring as much love as I possibly can into the lives of as many young girls as I can. EVERYONE deserves to feel loved and like they matter. I can't even imagine what my life would have been like without the love that I got from my family.
We have a really big team going on outreach. The first 8 of us left today. It was exciting to send them off! Also some of the other teams left today. I got to wave out of the window and shout good-byes. I really wished I had a handkerchief so that I could act like I was in an old movie and wave it from the window haha! I know that God is going to use them so well while they are all gone.
As for me and the rest of my team, we are staying at the base a tad longer. The goal is for all of us to leave this Thursday! I'm excited to get this show on the road and venture off into Asia and love people! Almost all of us have our tickets. There are 6 of us (including myself) that still need the money to get tickets, but I am almost there! God has truly been showing his faithfulness to me in these past few weeks! I haven't had the money to spend on chocolate and other things, but whenever I have been craving things, they just seem to pop out of nowhere! People will either give them to me, or I will come back to my room to discover a treat on my bed! One night I went to sleep and woke up to 10 Euros on my bed! I know for a fact that it was not mine. God is good, all the time!
Because we aren't leaving yet, we are doing outreach in town until we get enough money to get plane tickets! I am really excited about this actually. We get to bless the community of Herrnhut and show them how much we truly appreciate all that they do for us. For example, after lunch today a group of us are going to go shovel walkways and driveways for elderly people in town. I am so happy just to be able to shovel snow seeing as though I never get to really see snow... being from Abbotsford (A.K.A. The land of endless rain) and all.
PRAYER REQUEST TIME!! :D If you want to pray for my team and myself, please pray for our finances to come in. Also please pray for the 8 of us that have already left! I am super excited to hear from them about what God is doing through them already! Please pray that we all keep our health over in Asia and that no one becomes really sick. Also please pray that we would continue to dive deep into the knowledge of who God is and how much he loves us!
If you would like to donate to my team and myself, I provided a link down below so that you can! Hope that your December is going to be as awesome as mine!!!