The Adventure Continues…
by Unknown
“God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good.”
This was the motto that we
shouted all the time during my DTS. The more I look at my own life, the truer this
simple becomes. God has truly blessed my life this past year abundantly.
My family is staff together at the place that fostered the growth of my faith,
my life is filled with friends who love and support me in everything I do, and
I have the support of a God who is proud of every step I take. Blessed is the
only word that comes to mind. Insanely, outrageously and undeservingly blessed.
My summer at Pines Bible Camp as one of the Assistant Program is more than half over. I’ve been here for a little over 3 months, and it has been amazing. Not without its share of struggles and learning experiences, but those experiences are what draw us closer to God. And getting to share this place with my family is an extra cherry on top. I always viewed this place as my home, but now I actually get to call it that; my Home. I’ve learned so much and have gotten to show love to my fellow staff and the amazing kids that come through. I don’t even remember what a summer without Pines is like.
My summer at Pines Bible Camp as one of the Assistant Program is more than half over. I’ve been here for a little over 3 months, and it has been amazing. Not without its share of struggles and learning experiences, but those experiences are what draw us closer to God. And getting to share this place with my family is an extra cherry on top. I always viewed this place as my home, but now I actually get to call it that; my Home. I’ve learned so much and have gotten to show love to my fellow staff and the amazing kids that come through. I don’t even remember what a summer without Pines is like.
Before my time with YWAM I
thought that I would have a nice six month adventure with God and return to my
regular life. I would go back to university and finish my degree like a “normal”
young adult and start a career. I had no intention of staying in Germany or
staying with YWAM. Haha… God sure does have a way of changing our plans; always
for the better, but sometimes the changes can rattle you!
For those of you who don’t know I am RETURNING TO GERMNY! WOOHOO! My plane leaves on the 4th of September! I’m scared, excited, apprehensive and giddy all at the same time (talk about butterfly’s in the stomach!). I am returning to the country that I fell in love with and will be helping to run the base that opened my eyes wider to the greatness of my God and the love that he has for me. I will be base staff there, which means that I will be helping to run the day-to-day jobs at the base. I feel called to work in the office helping with the processing of Visas. It’s an interesting desire to say the least, but I’m actually so excited! I also am planning on helping with the growing café ministry that’s happening there. I’m so excited, but I expect that I may become addicted to coffee in the process! Haha. My other goal is to go to China. I would love to go experience the culture over there and show the love of Christ to them through my actions and through my photography.
For those of you who don’t know I am RETURNING TO GERMNY! WOOHOO! My plane leaves on the 4th of September! I’m scared, excited, apprehensive and giddy all at the same time (talk about butterfly’s in the stomach!). I am returning to the country that I fell in love with and will be helping to run the base that opened my eyes wider to the greatness of my God and the love that he has for me. I will be base staff there, which means that I will be helping to run the day-to-day jobs at the base. I feel called to work in the office helping with the processing of Visas. It’s an interesting desire to say the least, but I’m actually so excited! I also am planning on helping with the growing café ministry that’s happening there. I’m so excited, but I expect that I may become addicted to coffee in the process! Haha. My other goal is to go to China. I would love to go experience the culture over there and show the love of Christ to them through my actions and through my photography.
All this being said, I am open
for change. If there’s one lesson that God taught me, it’s to be open for his
actions and be willing to hold my plans loosely. He has the best plan for my
life. This doesn’t mean that I cannot dream – in fact dreaming with God is
super important – but I cannot count on all my plans becoming reality. If he moves, I will follow. If that means that
I go back to India, or to someplace new altogether, bring it on! Haha. Life
with God is an adventure! The best thing you can do is embrace it, throw your
hands up like you're on a roller coaster and enjoy the ride.
This brings me to the final
point of this blog post. I can’t do this alone. God has called me to Germany
and I am going, but I need help. I need prayer and lots of it. If you would be
willing to pray for me that would be amazing! I believe that prayer works and that
God hears the cries of our hearts, so the more prayer, the better!!! Secondly I
am looking for financial support. As a staff member I need to pay base fees and
also be able to afford food and rent for an apartment. My goal is to have at
least 500 Euros a month, which is about $650 dollars. This should be enough to
cover everything that I would need. If it’s a one time donation, or monthly
support they would both be welcome! Once in Germany I am planning on putting
out a monthly newsletter. If you would like to donate, pray, or receive updates
please e-mail me at trinda_13@hotmail.com.
Thank-you for all of your support in my pursuit of God and his plans for me!
“God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good!”