Provider

by

...my God is a God who Provides...

The more that I look back on my life, I see more and more of God’s fingerprints everywhere. He is so involved in every single aspect of my life. Things happen in his perfect timing and I can see what a perfect father he is.

Ever since I was about 16, I wanted to move out.  It wasn’t that I wanted to escape my parents and Kyle; the exact opposite is true. I love my family so much and really enjoy spending time with them. The reason that I wanted to move out was to have my own space that I could decorate and make my own. I dreamed of my pictures in frames all over the house, a mint kitchen, a huge book collection (...that would eventually turn into a library when I got older), and nice places where I could have friends over to talk and visit. So moving out had always been a bit of a fantasy for me. I never figured in the logistical side of things however. 16 year olds don’t dream about rent, or water bills, or landlords.  That was for people my parent’s age!


Now being 21, this is the first time that I can say that I’ve officially “Moved Out”. Sure I’ve lived on campus at Trinity Western, and I’ve lived at camp for 4 months at a time for a few years, but I’ve never had to think about rent or cook for myself. I have now moved out and get to embrace all the things that come along with that.


While I was working at camp this summer, I didn’t think about the encroaching and impending “YOU ARE FLYING AWAY TO LIVE IN A FOREGIN COUNTRY” date. Not only was I moving out, but I was moving out in GERMANY. I didn’t really think about what that all entailed. When you move into a German apartment, it doesn’t come with anything. Nothing at all. No kitchen, no counters, no stove no nothing. Over the summer I was involved with a Facebook message with my roommates. They kept talking about how they were receiving things and how God was blessing us. I thought that it was awesome how He was providing for us and for me when I wasn’t even there yet, but I guess it couldn’t really sink in fully until I actually saw the provision first hand.



The day that Tess and I went to get the keys was my first time actually inside the apartment. I looked around and the more that I looked, the more excited I got. This was going to be my home!  God had given us this place to live (it’s super hard to find housing in Herrnhut because of all the staff that need it) and it wasn’t the floor or couch of someone else’s place. That night Maddie, Tess, Sofia and I had a sleepover together in one room of our new place waiting for the next morning when Miri was coming with all of the things that she said God had provided us with. I had no concept of how much it was until I actually saw it...


Our God is a God who sure knows how to provide. Seriously.
The Empty Kitchen

The Living Room
The Living Room
We took boxes upon boxes of stuff up the 4 floors worth of stairs. I sure got a workout that morning! The boxes just kept piling up on top of each other. Then came the stove, and the sink, and the counters, the washing machine and the fridge. I was blown away every time that I saw something new come out of the back of that moving truck. When we had finished unpacking out apartment was filled with tons of things! I was prepared to buy my own mattress, but we got exactly 5 donated. We actually had 2 stoves and 2 fridges so we were able to give the extra away to people who didn’t have any yet. As we sorted through the things, we had plenty for ourselves, so we were able to bless others with all the pots, dishes, coffee pots and water heaters and other things that we had an excess of! Shoot we even have a set of fancy dishes and cups, and I have an entire matching tea set for when my core group wants to have tea parties.
The Living Room AFTER the Moving Truck

Seriously. So Much Stuff
God only wants to bless us, and he has shown me just how capable of that He is. We didn’t have to pay anything for the things that we were blessed with. We didn’t even have to pay for the moving truck. God is seriously so amazing and good! I know I shouldn’t be, but I am continuously blown away at what He is capable of. God can do anything. He is a God who loves to take care of his children. He is a provider of everything good. He loves me more that I could ever understand or deserve. Whenever I get worried or afraid thinking about the future, like my rent or having enough to buy groceries, I can just look back to this time and remember just how well and fully God provides. He can do this, and much more.

I now have a place that I get to make my own. I have a room that I share with an amazing friend (WOOHOO MADDIE!) and awesome roommates. It may not be like I imagined exactly when I was younger, but I think it’s better this way. I have to work and pray for things and it might not be easy, but that makes it more satisfying. I am learning so much and having a blast while doing it!