Looking Backwards then Forwards
by Unknown
I started last year in Surkhet, Nepal. I was in the midst of an amazing adventure, but the adventure didn't end there. My entire year of 2013 can be classified as one big adventure. I have been on more planes in this past year than I think I have my whole life. I have seen so many amazing things, and met so many beautiful people. I was a Program Assistant at Pines and moved to Germany. I got to give my mom the shock of her life, see two of my best friends get married and the other welcome new life into the world. I've made friends all over the world and been challenged the most spiritually this year than any other. I got to end this year back in Canada, surrounded by amazing friends. Those two weeks were the proverbial cherry on top of a wonderful year.
Here's the part of the post where I "declare" my New Years resolution. Usually people make resolutions that are fairly specific or cheesy. This year I'm going a bit vague... and hopefully not cheesy! This year, I am resolving to be brave. I have a God who is huge. He is in control. He has a plan. I am a person who worries and gets anxious pretty easily (although I'm also really good at hiding it), so this year I've resolved not to worry. I'm going to take steps of faith and trust more. I'm going to not be scared, but share how I'm feeling and what I want. I'm going to swallow fear and skip forward filled with joy. I'm going to embrace every opportunity and get the most out of this year.
Here's the part of the post where I "declare" my New Years resolution. Usually people make resolutions that are fairly specific or cheesy. This year I'm going a bit vague... and hopefully not cheesy! This year, I am resolving to be brave. I have a God who is huge. He is in control. He has a plan. I am a person who worries and gets anxious pretty easily (although I'm also really good at hiding it), so this year I've resolved not to worry. I'm going to take steps of faith and trust more. I'm going to not be scared, but share how I'm feeling and what I want. I'm going to swallow fear and skip forward filled with joy. I'm going to embrace every opportunity and get the most out of this year.
Watch out 2014. This is going to be fun ;)
Miss you already! Praying for you and your resolution!! xo
ReplyDeleteI'm blessed to know you friend<3 Praying for you!
ReplyDeleteI hope it is a wonderful year for you Trinda, May you find the courage to be brave in those moments when God opens surprising doors of opportunity and may your courage not fail you when you see the giants on the other side. :)
ReplyDelete